A digital exhibition of the Brayford Honeybees

A digital exhibition: the bees by Jodie Hogarth

A collection of images taken over the course of 2019 – 2020 by Jodie Hogarth. These artistic images document some of the behaviour of our brayford honeybees.

Jodie studied A-Level Photography and Media and went on to complete a BA (Hons) Photography degree at the University of Lincoln in 2018. She continued her education at the University and, in 2020, completed a MA Fine Art degree. She lives in North East Lincolnshire and has exhibited work in Lincoln and Penzance.

“During the last two years I have focused on producing art to help raise awareness of bees. The main basis of my artwork relies heavily on the use of alcohol inks; the reason being that alcohol inks, unlike other paints I could have used, contain the same inert ingredients found within pesticides.
However, in order to gain a greater understanding of bees, I visited the bees at the observation hive over several months and photographically documented them. It allowed me to witness the bees first hand and allowed me to express the substantial importance of our pollinators through my artwork.”

View more of Jodie’s work here on her website: Jodie Hogarth Photography

Next Post